VAT exemption form & who qualifies for VAT relief
How to proceed with your order without paying VAT?
- Check your eligibility from the guidelines given below and then complete the VAT exemption form given below.
- Complete the form in advance of making a purchase, please enter the coupon code vat-exempt into the coupon box shown on the Basket page and select 'update basket' button, this will remove the VAT from your shopping basket for the products eligible for VAT relief.
- If you process your order online and pay the VAT, submitting this form will allow us to process a refund for the value of the VAT. This will be processed by us on the same working day. It may take a day or two to clear back to your card through the payment provider.
- Give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you complete your order by taking your details over the phone
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
If you have a long-term illness or you're disabled, you might be able to claim VAT relief on certain goods and services. Not all goods and services supplied to chronically sick or disabled people are eligible for VAT relief. In general, the items covered by VAT relief are things that are of practical help to you because of your illness or disability. They are items designed solely for disabled use, for people with physical disabilities to help carry out everyday activities.
You can order items on behalf of someone who qualifies for VAT exemption for example, if you're a carer or family member. You don't have to physically buy the goods in person. If your parent, guardian, relative or carer buys the goods and services for you, then you will not be charged VAT, they can complete the declaration on your behalf if you wish. If you are eligible, you can complete our online VAT exemption form which can be found below.
What proof do we need of your condition to quality for VAT relief?
In order to qualify for HMRC VAT relief on a product, all three of the following conditions need to be met:
- You have a long term illness or disabling condition
- The goods and services are eligible to be sold with the zero rate VAT
- The goods are for personal or domestic use. This means that the goods or services are supplied for your own private use, rather than for business purposes.
The government (HM Revenue & Customs) requires a simple declaration of your medical condition (or the condition of the person you're buying for).
Using the form below, you must provide us with:
- Name and address of the person with the condition
- Medical condition of the person eligible for VAT exemption
Enter your details into the form and click the 'Submit' button at the end of the form. Please contact us if you have any queries.